For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations (the Regulations), the data controller is F G Adamson & Son of Occupation Lane, Swanland, HU14 3QZ.
- Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, setting up a Trade Account, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- IP Address and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type and for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For more information about cookies and how we use them, please read our cookies policy below.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
- Storing your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- Where it is necessary to validate the warranty on your purchase we may complete and submit the registration details on your behalf. This may involve supplying your details, and details of the equipment purchased, to the manufacturer of the equipment or the manufacturer’s UK representative if the manufacturer is not UK based.
If you are an existing customer and you have consented, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you or which we believe may be of interest to you.
- Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, or in the event of us incorporating as a Limited Company or a Limited Liability Partnership, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we would like to use your data for such purposes or if we would like to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can change your preferences at any time by contacting us at Occupation Lane, Swanland, East Yorkshire, HU14 3QZ OR firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, suppliers, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Access to information
The Regulations give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Regulations. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you if the request is deemed manifestly unfounded or excessive.